December 4, 2016-Baltimore, MD — A Holiday Celebration for Animal Lovers
Reindeer Pony Rides and Pet & Family Pictures with Santa are the main attraction at Baltimore Humane Society when it hosts its Holiday Lights Open House on Sunday, December 4th from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. This annual holiday event for animal lovers is fun for the entire family, including the furry members!
Lovely animal silhouettes will adorn the driveway as the no-kill shelter welcomes the public to this free event. Pets and families will line up for photos with Santa or a Chanukah menorah that are printed on the spot. Reindeer pony rides by Days End Horse Rescue will delight the kids from 2pm-4pm. Nominal fees for the photos and pony rides benefit both Baltimore Humane Society’s no-kill shelter and Days End Horse Rescue Farm.
The public is also invited to visit the adoptable pets, tour the shelter, listen to local youth sing or play music, and enjoy sweets from a bake sale. Bark! Pikesville will have goody bags for those taking photos and will also have a raffle basket. A Giving Tree will be dressed in photos of the dogs, cats, and rabbits available for adoption. People can pick their favorite, read the back of the photo to see what their furry friend would like for the holidays, then come back another day with the gift.
The event is free and takes place on the grounds of the no-kill shelter on 1601 Nicodemus Road in Reisterstown. The donation of a wish list item or small monetary contribution is appreciated. Anyone interested in dedicating a holiday light or animal silhouette can call 410-833-8848 ext. 212 or download a form at bmorehumane.org/.
Holiday Lights Open House – Sunday, December 4th 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Professional photos of pets and families with Santa or a menorah. Photos printed on the spot! (Nominal fee. Proceeds benefit the animals at Baltimore Humane Society)
- Reindeer Pony Rides from 2pm-4pm!
- Bark! Goody bags
- Homeless Animal Giving Tree
- Visit with shelter animals available for adoption
- Tour the shelter and see our beautiful grounds and painted dog kennel mural
- Listen to the sweet sounds of local youth
- Yummy holiday treat bake sale
- Animal Silhouette Lighting Ceremony at 5pmDedicate a lighted silhouette or peace dove ornament to a special furry or human friend and support the Baltimore Humane Society with your purchase. Gift recipients will receive a special card letting them know of your contribution. You can download a Holiday Lights Donation Form at bmorehumane.org/
About the Baltimore Humane Society
The Baltimore Humane Society, founded in 1927 by Mrs. Elsie Seeger Barton, is an independent, non-profit, no-kill animal shelter, which offers low-cost veterinary care to the public, and a pet cemetery with grief support services. We receive no operational funding from the local or federal governments, or any national animal welfare organizations. For more information about BHS, and how you can contribute, volunteer, adopt, or foster, please visit www.bmorehumane.org.