The competitive world of dog shows is under the spotlight after the death – apparently through poisoning – of an Irish setter at Crufts. The dog, known as Jagger, died after leaving the NEC in Birmingham where the show took place. His owners say he had eaten poisoned beef.
There is no suggestion at this stage that the dog was poisoned by a rival exhibitor. Jagger’s co-owner Jeremy Bott said the poisoner may have been acting on a grudge against dogs or dog shows.
Read this article:
The furiously competitive world of dog shows