HELP: Black, Blind & In a Bind – Cats Ray Charles & Sister Rachael Seek Forever Together Home – Greenville, SC

TIME CRITICAL – TRANSPORTATION CAN BE ARRANGED – PLEASE SHARE

Ray Charles and Sister Rachael were born with a congenital condition called Entropion.

Ray CharlesR

Ray Charles

Sister RachaelS

Sister Rachael

This condition involves eyelids that roll inward against and rub the cornea of the eye.  Entropion can cause a great deal of discomfort and pain and if left untreated can cause blindness.  Imagine having something sharp poking against the center or most sensitive part of your eye every minute of every day.  Dreadful….

Ray Charles and Sister Rachael were part of a huge colony of kitties that were trapped in a very rough trailer park.  The residents of the park do not like cats and a number of them have been hit deliberately by cars trying to eliminate them.  We are trying to TNR as many as we can and do have someone willing to feed them, but the numbers are great.  We found these two, which have undergone surgery for their eye conditions.  Sister Rachael can see but Ray Charles cannot.  They are siblings and extremely loving.  Because of their condition, especially that of Ray Charles,  we do not want to have to put them back out in this neighborhood.  We are searching for a home for them and because they are bonded siblings we would love to see them stay together.  They are staying with a vet until they heal from their surgery BUT if no one comes forth they will have to go back out from whence they came.  This, as you can imagine, might end up being a horrible outcome.  We are praying for someone to open their home and heart to these two.

They are very quiet, somehow enormously sad for kitties that are so young, around 6 months old.  They have just been sleeping all day long and do not play.  I don’t think they know how.  They love to be held and just look up at you when you hold them.  They have been spayed/neutered and tested negative for FIV and FeLeuk and given a distemper and rabies shots.

Please help us find a miracle for these very sad babies.  You can contact me, Terry at: terry (at) foreverhomewanted (dot) com

These babies are not in my possession, so if you are interested, or can help, please contact me.  I will put you in contact with my rescue partner who will be handling the vetting process.

Please share, share, share and share some more.  Thank you so much.

0 0 vote
Article Rating
47 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
Sheba's Life Story
7 years ago

They’re both gorgeous, going to share.

Sheba.

Selina
7 years ago

Oh no. 🙁 Poor dears! Yes, we shall certainly share, guys. Thanks for the heads up … what can be done about this condition? Anything? Oh this makes me SO mad!!!

Purrz!

Selina & MomKatt Laura

Selina
7 years ago

Wait, we see they’ve had surgery. Blind Cat Rescue in St. Paul’s maybe?

Dash Kitten
7 years ago

Blogged, will FB this, tweet this, Pin This, share this to the ends of the earth.

Savannah
Savannah
7 years ago

If only I lived closer! I’m down in Southwest Georgia and I would take them in a heartbeat! I have had blind cats before, and they are amazingly full of life and love.

Lizzie
Lizzie
7 years ago

ohh… I’m in Norwood, ON.. if there were any way to get them here, I would take both of them in a heartbeat!

Karie
Karie
7 years ago

if you want to save them and you need help with transport, contact below:

Selene York
Selene York
7 years ago

I would love to have them both and would give them a good home! I am in Concord, NC. What do I need to do?

Nancy Kate
Nancy Kate
7 years ago

Must be a way to transport them here for rehabilitation and adoption.
Prayers in place, my rescue CASH, an all black male and I wish these kittens a wonderful safe home.

Don Chaney
Don Chaney
7 years ago

I’ve shared this on my Facebook page already. I have about 4,200 Friends & Followers on my FB page. I wish I lived down in Greenville area or I would consider adopting them myself.

Dogs N Pawz
7 years ago

It sounds like there are a lot of people that want to help! I hope they find a forever home real soon. It would be terrible if they were put back out there. Poor babies:( Thanks for joining the blog hop. Hope it helps in getting the two of them adopted!!!!!

Lisa H.
Lisa H.
7 years ago

These babies should NOT be released. If a shelter/foster/home cannot be found, then euthanasia seems more humane then leaving them in pain & blind to fend for themselves. Very very sad.

Susan
Susan

carowatts@gmail.com
I have 3 dogs and a cat but am close by … if you think the cats would be ok with this situation I’d take them. I’m close by – let me know …

Linds
Linds
7 years ago

This is so sad!! I really wish I could have more than 2 cats 🙁 I have my 2 already. I adopted my younger cat Kali and she did not know how to play or act like a kitten either, and with TLC… she can now entertain herself any second of they day, its crazy I’ve never seen a cat with so much playful energy she had it all bottled up! I really hope someone will save these two babies and let them live a great loving life

Kathyn M. Shotzbarger-Ford
Kathyn M. Shotzbarger-Ford
7 years ago

How would I get them up to North Central Wisconsin if I wanted to adopt them? I was in the medical field and might have the know how to take care of them. My dog, Callie, who I believe is a Schipperke is great with kitty cats. She likes them better than her fellow canine friends.

Kathyn M. Shotzbarger-Ford
Kathyn M. Shotzbarger-Ford
7 years ago

I would like to adopt them but I live up in North Central Wisconsin. Please let me know. I do have a dog, Callie, that is great with cats and kittens. I believe she is a Schipperke. I have medical experience(human) which may help with their care. I’ve adopted my dogs from the Halifax Humane Society of Daytona Beach, FL. If I have them they are indoor cats. I believe in not letting cats go outside.

Sue at Talking Dogs
7 years ago

Poor pretty kitties! Sharing.

Jeff
Jeff
7 years ago

I would be willing to adopt both of them, but it keeps telling me your email address is invalid.

esther ran
esther ran
7 years ago

if they could get to me i would take them in an instant, but i think i’m a bit too far away (netherlands) but since i have an outdoor pen, although not big, they would be safe.

Flynn
7 years ago

Poor babies! It looks like there are several offers of a home though and I hope one works out for them.

Melissa
Melissa
7 years ago

I’m up in CT though I’d find a way to get them and bring them into my cat family up here. I have a 1yo male who loves all cats & other animals, he’d welcome them with open arms.

Hannah and Lucy
7 years ago

We are so sorry for these poor babies and we are praying that these poor souls are able to be transported to get to one of the offered homes. Please, please let it me soon.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Cindy Durham
Cindy Durham
7 years ago

I live in Greenville SC, I would be willing to foster these babies if no one has adopted them by the time they are ready to leave the vets. I already have several rescue furbabies or I would take them myself.

Ann Staub
7 years ago

Definitely sharing these two.

Teressa
Teressa
7 years ago

If it is between them being saved and put back outside to a certain bad fate I can foster them. I have several rescue cats of my own so I cannot keep them but fostering would be fine. If you still need a foster home just contact me, I am about an hour away from you in Greenville Tn.
I just hate when people are mean to cats 🙁

Ann
Ann
7 years ago

Can you at least try to find a NO KILL rescue to help? As you can clearly see there are volunteers that want to and are willing to foster them. I still think get a NO KILL rescue involved…

speedyrabbit
7 years ago

Hope the can get a wonderful home soon!

Suz
Suz
7 years ago

These little angels are in my prayers. I hope the women with the dog & several cats who lives close to these two angels can take them or the other woman who could foster them . I have six black rescue cats & several other rescue fosters who get along pretty well in San Francisco. I could foster these angels , not sure how they would get to or like the trip to SF.

Lee County Clowder
7 years ago

Purrrrrrrsss for all those beans trying to help. We hope something works out for those gorgeious house panthers.

Clooney
7 years ago

How extremely heart-breaking. Poor babies. We are praying for a miracle for these sweet little kitties.

TerrieLynn Bach
7 years ago

If you don’t find adopters or fosters for these two precious kittens, please contact http://www.blindcatrescue.com . They are in North Carolina. I just saw their Facebook page today and immediately thought of these kittens. I cried when I read their story. And shared.

easy rider
7 years ago

I hope they will find a home soon. Black kitties are just the best. I feel sorry for this cute little black babies.

Bob da Tomato
Bob da Tomato

I share ewe, bebes!!! *cries* I hopes ewe finds a gud home <3

Sara
Sara
7 years ago

I would love to have these two. I have wanted two black cats for a long time now. I live in central Wisconsin with two male cats ..and I would love two more..I will take them if no one else will..

Andrea Strickland
Andrea Strickland
7 years ago

For anyone seriously interested in these kitties, Underground Railroad Rescued Kitty Network is the ideal solution for transporting these two beautiful siblings to a new forever home. I saw them mentioned earlier, and they do have a facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/groups/URRKN/doc/333258783438857/

Lisa
Lisa
7 years ago

Has anybody gotten these babies to safety yet? I see alot of people are willing to give them a home but no updates yet as to what is going on.

Karen
Karen
7 years ago

They should definitely NOT be returned to that terrible trailer park where the people will kill them.All of those cats are in danger of dying every day! If absolutely nothing can be resolved then I agree with above comment regarding humane euthanasia.But that is a suggestion I rarely if ever use..There has got to be a way to get them to the adopters willing to take them!!

Karen
Karen
7 years ago

I HATE people who are mean to animals.Those who abuse others most certainly reap what they sow…

Stacey
Stacey
7 years ago

Did someone adopt them yet?? I want an update!

Nicole
Nicole
7 years ago

Hmmmm….this was on a local posting for Craigslist yesterday. With the above postings, I am surprised if not suspicious that these two cats haven’t found somewhere to go.

Julia
Julia
7 years ago

What about Best Friends out in Utah, they may be able to take because they are special needs? There is another transport group on FB called Imagine Home, if any one is interested in adopting these two. Imagine Home also has a vast volunteer driver database and has transports usually every weekend!

Annie
Annie
7 years ago

Thank you Nicole for posting that CL link! I had offered to adopt them, if they could be transported to VT, but there was hope that someone nearer to the kitties would be found, and now I see them on CL (thanks to you) – I’m concerned for them, as CL is a horrible site to place vulnerable animals, or even healthy ones for that matter.
I have emailed again, inquiring about the situation, as I am still ready & willing to take them into my family!

Shelly
Shelly
7 years ago

I saw the update that the first family fell through. I would drive up there from GA and get these sweet kitties.. I have excellent vet references. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if they still need a home!

Shannon
Shannon
7 years ago

Are these kiddos OK? I haven’t read all the posts, but there is a blind cat rescue in NC. I just saw them on pinterest today, so their names are out there!!

Selina
7 years ago

Just a quick update – I am fostering them & picked them up this past Saturday! Rachel is a sweetheart & a pistol! Ready for anything. Ray is FAR more shy and I’m being very patient & slow with him. He made great strides on Sunday alone – coming out from under the chair in my office, moving around, playing a little with the toys I’ve bought them. I’ve gotten a few pics of Rachel but, as hard as it is to photograph a black cat, it’s even harder to do when that cat is “perpetual motion kitten”! I thought… Read more »