HELP: Otis the Cat Doesn’t Know What Happened, But Now He Is Homeless – Greenville, SC

This is Otis, and he is now homeless. He doesn't understand what happened. It is very obvious that he had a home. He loves people. He showed up at our feral feeding station and now has taken up residence under the deck of a neighbor friend of ours. They cannot keep in due to the health situation of their 3 csts and we cannot keep him because of our six cats. He wants inside in the worst way and cries to be let in. He even hops up on their window planter box to ask about coming inside. They are feeding him and have a box out for him, but is is getting colder. Gosh he wants inside, you can tell he is used to that. We think he was either dropped off in our neighborhood or his family moved away and left him behind. When our neighbor goes outside and sits down on her back deck Otis jumps in her lap, lays down and starts to purr.

The neighbors took him to the Vet and Otis is healthy, about 4 years old, tested negative on all the bad stuff, is neutered and is now up-to-date on all his shots. He still has his claws but never puts them out, not even at the Vet. The Vet said Otis is one of the most loving cats he has ever met, and that says a lot coming from a Vet.

We need to find Otis a home, a foster, or a no-kill shelter that can help him get a home. He longs for the human touch and would love to be loved. Please share this information with everyone you can think of and help me help Otis get a home. We can arrange transport, somehow we will. Trust me, he is one special love bug.

Contact me at brianfrum (at) gmail (dot) com if you can help this handsome boy.

p.s. Sorry for the quality of the photo, it was taken with a cell phone. He really is extremely handsome.

0 0 vote
Article Rating
13 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
Scylla
7 years ago

We shared on FB and Tweeted. Otis is a very handsome boy we hopes he finds a home for Christmas.

mariodacat
7 years ago

OMC – Here we go again. My heart goes out to this little guy. I wonder how Mario would take to him. I assume he’s used to other cats. Guess I’ll talk to Don. This might be stupid on my part as we’ll probably move next summer. But daughter’s two cats are 16 and Amos has arthritis. I hope he finds a home before I get to thinking too hard.

Rhonda
7 years ago

I will share on FB and transport, once he is adopted, could be done by Underground Railroad Rescued Kitty Network-they are on FB as well. Praying for this sweetie to find a home fast!

jansfunnyfarm
7 years ago

Poor Otis! He does need a home! Hope he gets one soon.

Savannah NanaMo
7 years ago

I live in Nor Calif. I will share this with our adoption manager at Kitty Corner where Mom and Dad found me. Please don’t let that kitty die. Mom is already crying. We would help pay airfare for him is someone would take him outside your area. Mom Linda and Savannah peeEss I will Tweet, ask Cathy Keisha to tweet and I will post on FB page and on Mom’s profile FB page and Dad’s. paws crossed Brian and Mr Terry

Angel MoMo's mom
Angel MoMo's mom
7 years ago

Oh poor baby, my heart goes out to him. Hope he gets a forever loving home soon.

Alice
Alice
7 years ago

Shared the info on a forum read by folks who grew up in Mishawaka, Indiana. Said word is that transport could be arranged by “Underground Railroad Rescued Kitty Network.” Here’s hoping someone comes through for Otis.

Whskr
Whskr

Dash will blog about this and schedule tweets and FB for Otis. * tears *

Hannah and Lucy
7 years ago

We are too far away to help but we are purring hard for Otis and wish him well.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Shawn
7 years ago

He is adorable and I hope he finds his forever home before Christmas. I will share your post, is transport available?

Shawn

MizzBassie
7 years ago

Poor Otis. I’ll share him on Twitter and Facebook. I hope he finds a home soon.

da tabbies o trout towne
da tabbies o trout towne
7 years ago

otis…de blessings oh st francis two ewe that he leads ewe ta yur forever home rite away

XOXO

Cherry City Kitties
7 years ago

Oh poor Otis… we wish we could help, the Momma will send Reiki love and we’ll send purrs to you to help you hang in there. Your story made the Momma cry just a little. Someone out there in the universe, please help Otis. He will love you furever.
Harry, Dexter and Tipp