Winnebago County Animal Services’ (WCAS) $5 adult cat adoption promotion has been extended to June 30. The WCAS Volunteer Auxiliary is sponsoring the promotion.
Nash, a big, loveable 4-year-old orange-and-white tabby cat, is one of 42 adult cats who are eligible to be adopted at this special adoption fee. The offer is limited to adult cats 1 year and older and up to two cats for $5 each.
WCAS is also extending this offer for adult cat adoptions at its off-site adoption centers at Petsmart in Machesney Park and the Aqualand Pet Center in Roscoe, Ill.
All cat adoptions include spay or neuter, microchip, vaccinations, one-year Winnebago County rabies tag and a one-month flea preventive. Normal adoption procedures apply to this event.
Adopting an adult cat has the following advantages:
• They are more likely to be litter trained and used to living in a home.
• They do not require as much supervision as energetic kittens.
• They are typically better behaved (no need to kitten-proof your house).
• They are more independent and are OK if left home alone while you work.
• They are “purr-fect” for busy, employed and active people.